Coaching as a successful part of your business
Coaching are people who have had enough success in their life in a particular field that they feel they are qualified to coach others. Sometimes, coaches are educated or certified in a particular area and sometimes they just rely on their own experience.
Coaching will compile a list of tools and resources that they can use to help other people reach their goals. You would be surprised how many people can actually benefit from having a coach help them through some of the more challenging tasks that they have set for themselves.
There are many different topics that coaches help people with including all of the ones on this short list.
• Weight loss • Exercise (personal training) • Starting their own business • Becoming a better salesperson • Becoming a better parent • Becoming a better spouse • Picking up girls/boys • Improving themselves • Learning a new language • Coping with a major tragedy • Overcoming an addiction • Becoming better at sex (yes, really) • Having more confidence • Many, many others
Coaching as a way to get new clients
There are a number of reasons coaching is a big part of peoples lives, but as an analogy, people hire coaches for the same reasons that some writers hire editors.
They need an objective person to take a look at what they are doing, point out any mistakes that they are making, and advise them on what to do to fix them and achieve their intended end result. In short, coaches provide a brand new and invaluable perspective.
Coaches can be a person that you can say things to that you might not be able to say to family or friends. They keep what you tell them completely confidential and they listen without judging. In the entertainment industry, coaches are standard.
Singers have vocal coaching, actors have acting coaches and even professional athletes have coaches. That’s because coaching is able to help you see the things that you just aren’t able to see – your blind spots – and then provide you with advice on how to improve.
Coaching as a full time business
A coach is also someone who will hold you accountable. If you set goals and then try to achieve them yourself, you are probably not going to hold yourself very accountable.
But a coach will be disappointed when you don’t do what you committed to, and this can be very motivating. A coach also provides a reflective surface for you to talk to.
Sometimes, all people need is for someone to listen to them, and they can figure out the solution themselves. If not, the coaching can come up with some ideas that you might not have thought of yourself and can give you advice that they know is good advice.
A coach is also a great resource if you aren’t good at planning or keeping track of things. Coaches can help you with things like weight loss, making money or many of the other things that would benefit from spreadsheets, journals and other tracking materials.
Finally, a coach will be there when you succeed, to help you celebrate, and this also can be extremely motivating.
Some Facts about Coaching
In the United States, coaching is a billion dollar industry that employs over 20,000 people every year. In the last few years, the industry has grown by around 10% and is expected to grow by about the same amount over the next few years.
A percentage of the population, usually the higher income brackets use personal coaches for everything from self-confidence to learning to play tennis and a study by the Chartered Institute of Personal Development found that more than 90% of organizations have used coaches in some capacity in the past and 70% were planning on continuing or even increasing their coaching within the company.
What our Book Will Teach You
The goal of this book is to give you the tools that you need to become a life coach over the internet. The first couple of chapters deal with one-on-one coaching and group coaching using face-to-face, personal sessions, and the others deal with coaching over the internet and some of the important aspects of coaching.
Here are some things that you will learn from this book. • What coaching is, and what topics you can coach people in: This book is intended to define for you the job of coaching people and help you decide what sort of topics you want to specialize in so that you can best help your clients. Some people prefer to be “life coaches” without specializing, and the book has a great deal of information on that as well.
• Understanding why people hire coaches and how it can help you to grow your own business: Once you understand why it is that people hire coaches to help them, you can better understand how to attract the clients that you want, and how to eventually attract the highest paying clients.
The more you understand your clients, the better you’ll be able to get them to hire you as a coach.
• An overview of all of the different methods you can use to coach people and some advice to get you started in each one:
There are so many methods out there to coach people, from using the internet, telephone or even the old fashioned face-to-face method. You’ll familiarize yourself with all of the methods out there so that you choose the best ones for your coaching practice.
How to choose a coaching style and how to incorporate multiple styles to build the perfect coaching practice: This book will describe the different coaching styles that are out there such as email, one-on-one coaching and group coaching, and go through the advantages and the disadvantages of each one.
That way, you can decide which styles you are most comfortable with and how you can use them best to help your clients.
• How to use the internet to maximize the amount of money that you make while minimizing the amount of time that you put in: You might be getting into the coaching industry to help people, but odds are, you want to make money doing it, and hopefully at least enough to make a comfortable living from, if not more.
This book will help you to maximize your income and develop multiple income streams as well as help you reduce the amount of time that you actually have to work so that you can spend more leisure time doing thing you enjoy or hanging out with your family.
• How to make coaching work synergistically with other self-help projects you have: This section of the book will explain how you can make your coaching boost your other income streams and then turn around and make those streams boost your coaching right back
. You’ll understand what sort of streams are out there and how you can use them to promote the other products and services that you have.
• How to coach people that want to increase their income: There are many people out there who need a coach that will help them increase their income, and that’s exactly what this section is all about.
You’ll learn about some of the ways that people can make money and what you’ll need to do to coach them effectively at something that you haven’t tried or had success at yourself. You’ll also learn about some very interesting income ideas that you may want to pursue yourself.
• Information on how much coaches actually make and how much you can expect to earn from being a coach: This is the money section of this eBook where you will learn just what coaches are making these days and where coaching salaries might be tomorrow. You’ll also learn how to price yourself so that you can still compete in the market without devaluing yourself or your services, to help you make as much money as you can with coaching.
• How to do life coaching on the internet: This chapter will detail how you do life coaching on the internet including what sort of things a life coach helps with. It will give you the tools to be the most effective life coach that you can be and help your clients with all of the different aspects of their lives.
• How to promote your coaching business using the internet and how to get your very first clients: You’ll also need to learn how to promote your coaching business so that you can start to get clients.
This section is all about the different ways that you can promote yourself online and how you can even earn some extra income from many of these promotional methods. It is a comprehensive plan to help you promote your coaching practice and start making enough money to do it full-time.